School counselors work in collaboration with teachers, parents, and the principal. The counselor acts as the student advocate in the educational environment.
Please contact the Counseling Department if you:
- Wish to arrange a conference with your child's teachers.
- Wish to share a change at home.
- Have a question regarding middle school practices.
Some of the additional services middle school counselors provide include:
- Classroom lessons on community safety and learning strategies.
- Consultation with parents, teachers and administration.
- Problem centered counseling.
- Referrals to outside agencies for therapeutic services.
- Assessments for special services.
- Facilitation of special education process.
- Assistance with long range planning.