• Saucon Valley High School supports all students' mental health and personal well-being.  The counseling department offers interventions and resources to students and parents, both in and out of the school setting, based on individual needs and availability.  Positive mental and physical help directly affect the success of our students both academically and socially.

    The counseling department offers many of the following interventions through our Student Assistance Program (SAP):

    • Mental health screening
    • Drug and alcohol assessments
    • Smoking cessation programs
    • Check-in/check-out support
    • Renew (for students in danger of dropping out of school)
    • Student Attendance Intervention Plans
    • Psycho-educational groups (through the Caron Foundation)
    • Resources for outside counseling/therapy 
    • Individual support and counseling based on student needs

    The Caron Foundation is contracted with our school to provide psycho-educational support groups and Behavioral Health/Drug and Alcohol assessments. 

    Caron’s Student Assistance Program offers a wide variety of support groups to help students learn to cope effectively with many common barriers to their success.  Groups help to:

    • Gain strength and understanding in a confidential setting
    • Educate with the tools necessary to thrive despite their challenges
    • Engage with peers who share their struggles 
    • Group topics include but are not limited to: anger management, stress management, resiliency, grief and loss, drug and alcohol insight, teen issues, changing families and smoking cessation.  

    The Behavioral Health/Drug and Alcohol Assessment can be arranged if there are concerns about a student's mental health or suspicion of drug and/or alcohol use from a parent or guardian.  Recommendations for services or interventions will be given based on the outcome of the assessment from Caron Foundation.

    Permission forms for the Caron Groups  or Assessments  can be found at the links here.

    Please contact your counselor for more information about these services.