Attendance is taken at 8:50 AM
Attendance procedures, for students in Kindergarten through Grade 4, will be administered through the Attendance Office ONLY. This office is located just down the hallway between the Elementary and Middle Schools Main Offices.
This office should be used:
- for students arriving tardy
- when students need to leave school prior to the end of the scheduled school day
- or for any attendance concerns
Parents are required by law to send in a written note explaining the nature of the absence within 3 days of the student’s return.
The School Board considers the following conditions as acceptable excuses for absence from school:
- recovery from an accident
- required court attendance
- death in the immediate family
If an excuse is not received within three days, the absence will be recorded as Unexcused. The mere fact that a parent/guardian provides an explanation for the absence does not qualify the absence as excused.