High School Students and Parents: Check Out my Wake for reliable sources of health information for teens!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING NEW IMMUNIZATION REGULATIONS!
- Applies to ALL grade levels. Please look at the information pertaining to your child's grade level in 2017-18
- No more 8 month provisional status (changed to 5 DAYS)
- Immunizations must be obtained prior to starting school
- Proof of SECOND MCV required prior to beginning 12th grade
- Failure to comply PRIOR to the start of the school year could result in exclusion
- Tdap and MCV required PRIOR to the start of 7th grade
Open the following links for details. Please contact the school nurse for questions or concerns. Every student record will need to be reviewed by the nurses as per the new regulations. Updates may be required at any grade level.
REMINDER TO PARENTS OF 6TH GRADERS!
The Pennsylvania School Law requires the results of a physical examination for all students entering 6th grade.
Any 6th grader who does not have either a private or school doctor exam will have a scoliosis screening done by the nurses as per the PA department of Health regulations.
Please ask your doctor to administer Tdap and Menactra vaccines if not updated. They will be required for entry into 7th grade so it is usually best to have this done with the 6th grade physical. Please be sure 4th polio after 4th birthdate has been administered.
Please contact the school nurse with any questions or if you would like to check if your child's exam is here or not.
Required Health Updates
The following HS/MS grade levels require health updates as per school code:
- Grades 6 and 11: physical examination by a physician including immunization updates. Click here for the standard form.
- Grade 7: dental examination. Click here for the standard form.
- Grades 6 and 7: scoliosis screening
Emergency Action Plans
The nurses and staff want to keep your children as safe as possible while at school. If your child has any of the following conditions please complete the appropriate emergency action plan with your doctor and bring it to the school nurse as soon as possible. Please send in any medication (along with a completed district medication form) which is indicated as well.
- Diabetes (condensed)
- Severe Food Allergy
- Anaphylaxis (other severe allergy)
- SVT (Cardiac)
If your children are not covered by any health insurance plan please contact CHIP at CHIPcoversPAkids.com or 1-800-986-KIDS for information on the Blue Chip Program for un-insured children, birth to 18 years.
Each year our school offers a very reasonable cost insurance plan, which will protect students and parents from financial burdens, which might be created by an accident in school. It will pay the medical bills within the limit outlines in the policy.
The following is the link to supplemental insurance for GYM INJURIES ONLY. The policy number is US727064.